Thursday, October 24 - Friday, October 25 9 a.m.
- 5 p.m.
Saturday, October 26 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Due to the "Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure" through this neighborhood Saturday morning, we will not open until 1 p.m.
Recently deceased niece of Dick Bass (for those who remember
that large sale four years ago), who clearly inherited the Bass family
collecting gene! House full of interesting decoratively
painted primitive and Southwestern style furniture, including living
room, dining room and bedroom furniture, other interesting furniture
and even a pool table. Many decorative accessories, fine and
decorative art, huge collection of costume jewelry and current ladies'
clothes and western wear, many with new tags. Lots
of linens, pillows, and tapestries. There are even several large vintage Chinese
carvings, originally commissioned by her father, Harry Bass, in the 1970s for the
Vail Ski Resort, which he owned at the time—but were never installed.
Below is a partial listing of what is here:
- Various decoratively painted Southwestern or primitive style cabinets, tables, chests and chairs
- Dining table with stone top on Southwestern style base, with eight accompanying chairs
- Southwestern style painted sideboard/display cabinet
- Sectional sofa
- Decorative painted dining table
- Set of four painted rush seat chairs
- Ethnic carved box on iron stand
- Black Forest carved hall tree with dog figure
- Decorative painted traditional chests, stands and more
- Antique English oak chair with tapestry fragment
- Two decoratively painted bombe style chests
- Sofa and chair by Carol Hicks Bolton
- Hollywood Regency style coffee table
- Southwestern style iron coffee table and more tables!
- Pair of neoclassical style open armchairs
- Wrought iron king bed, wrought iron queen headboard/footboard, white painted full bed painted and white painted daybed
Bedrooms (to right):
- China, crystal, including a china set by Limoges!
- Entertainment silverplate
- Art—signed oil by Gustav Igler, other signed paintings and prints and lots of other decorative art
- Many mirrors
- Antique French wall clock
- Pair of Fortuny type floor lamps, many more lamps
- Oriental accessories, collectibles
- Mexican hand-blown casual glassware
- Other glassware/pottery
- TVs—Sony and Sharp flatscreens
- Lots of kitchen, small appliances, dishes, cookware, utensils
- LG washer and dryer
- Front Bedroom:
- Linens, pillows, tapestries
- White painted daybed with extension
- Baker painted French style writing table
- Henredon small cabinet
- Middle Bedroom:
- Ladies' western wear including boots and belts, size 8.5 to
- White painted full size bed
- Painted cabinet
Costume Jewelry (to left through kitchen):
- Master (back bedroom)
ladies' clothes (small to med.), shoes and boots (8.5 to 9.5),
handbags, belts, scarves and more, (Much of clothing and shoes are new)
- Jeans, new or like new (size small to med)
- Winter and ski clothing, outerwear
- Oriental screen
- Pair of decorative wrought iron table lamps
Pool Table Room (to left):
- More costume jewelry than you can imagine! (In very small room, limited access, please respect)
- Paladin chaise lounge
- Higher end handbags
- Decorative painted entertainment cabinet
Bedroom off Pool Room:
- Pool table by Golden West
- Antique Southwest pine settle
- Antique tin storage chest, Pottery Barn leather storage chest
- Vintage antique style child's tricycle
- Fun "house" side table with glass top
- Other Southwestern furniture
- Ethnic six panel screen
- Traditional sofa
- Arts and Craft style queen bed
- Southwest style cabinet from old elements
- Men's and childrens' miscellaneous clothing
- Horse saddles
- Queen wrought iron bed
- Older garage refrigerator
- "Project" furniture (priced cheap!)
- Two vintage English armoires
- 1930s cabinet radio
- 1920s headboard
- Vintage steamer trunk—and more
- Much Christmas/Holiday
- Kids games, toys, stuffed animals
- Some tools
- Storage containers
- Lots of Miscellaneous!
- Large Chinese
carvings, originally commissioned by her father in the 1970s for the
Vail Ski Resort
- Henredon decorative painted French style cabinet
- Great outdoor furniture
- Chiminea, large concrete pots
- Over15 bicycles!
- Iron bar cart
be blown away—as we were! Taken us weeks to get everything
unpacked (some still unpacked from her last move!), washed, polished,
priced and arranged. When we previewed this sale, Jeff saw lots
of geat, fun stuff he thought you would like—so here we are!
May need to limit access at opening of sale.
Access will be controlled to small room with costume jewelry.
VIEW OUR WEBSITE
for map directions
Cash or check (with proper i.d.) only. No credit or
If you are interested in
larger items, please plan to
FOR LOADING AND ARRANGE YOUR OWN MOVING!
NOT PULL OUR
have plenty of help to put our own sold tags on items. Too
of our prices are being pulled prematurely, which is not fair to other
customers. Thank you for your cooperation.
regret we are often not able to respond to questions regarding sales,
but we are frequently running short of time, or already involved in the
set-up of another sale. We simply cannot always remember the
prices and details of so many items!
Thank you for signing up
for Jeff's emails. Feel free to forward this to anyone you
would be interested, or better yet, have them sign up on Jeff's
If you no longer wish to receive emails, simply respond to
this email & request removal.
*Attention All Dealers:
For your convenience, click HERE
to access the Texas Sales and Use Tax Resale Certificate.
your information, print the completed form, and bring it to our sale OR
you can fill out a form at the time of purchase.